The internship program at MMC is designed to provide opportunities for students interested in English, professional writing, communications, public relations, marketing, media, and broadcasting. MMC hopes to teach interested students more about the industry as well as how businesses work by assigning a variety of projects throughout the semester, or summer term. Interns have developed, written, and edited marketing and public relations content for a variety of materials such as brochures, content for the company’s website and social media pages, documents for the company’s media kit, media training materials, PowerPoint presentations, business correspondence, flyers, instruction sets, and press releases.
Internships are offered on an unpaid basis, and can be taken for college course credit. In exchange for services, MMC reviews the intern’s performance and assigns a grade that may be used towards course credit at an accredited college or university.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting project research
- Researching media outlets
- Building and maintaining media lists
- Creating reports for clients and for internal use
- Contacting the media on behalf of clients
- Writing and designing memos, training materials, and other correspondence to clients or the media
- Assisting in the coordination of company sponsored seminars and events
- Writing, editing, and distribution of news releases
- Developing, writing, and editing articles for MMC's blog
- Updating, writing and editing material for agency website
- Coordinating agency’s marketing plan
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Participating in company sponsored charity events
All potential interns should submit a resume for review. If it is determined that an applicant is suitable, and if MMC is able to accommodate an intern, an internship will be offered.
Interested applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Currently pursuing a degree in communications, media or broadcasting, public relations, marketing, English, journalism, graphic design, or other related field
- Able to work at least 10-12 hours per week
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about business and public relations
- Willing to abide by the policies and procedures of MMC
To find out more about internships at MMC, please click on the PDF below and/or submit your resume to Jennifer Lee Magas at Soul0fwit@aol.com (the “0” in “0f” is a zero) or call us at 203-445-8981.